I want to thank Knit Three Together for nominating me for a Versatile Blogger Award. I am a bit tardy in getting this post together, but it takes time to pick out some really awesome blogs to nominate.
Now, here are 15 excellent blogs I would like to share:
- Knit the Hell Out – I love the most recent pattern, Ruffaluffagus and I look forward to knitting it.
- Mandarine’s – for the most gorgeous photos you’re likely to see on a blog.
- Peacefully Knitting – I loved the recent post about caring for your hand knits.
- Handmade Homemade Knit Stitch Design – I really liked the post about what knitters look like because I think anyone can be a knitter. I know I don’t tend to look like the stereotypical knitter.
- Knitting Sarah – I love all the beautiful pictures of handspuns.
- Feel Good Knitting – for all the pretty lace pictures
- Vu Chickens – I like the knit dolls and their outfits. I’m also partial to chickens because we raised them when I was young.
- Knotting Noodles – Cute name, cute blog design, and cute photos
- Craftie Allie – a fellow Library Science student, knitter, and dog owner, aka my kindred spirit.
- All the Pretty Fibers – drool worthy fiber pictures
- The Secret Life of Yarn – I loved the flip book of the Sunstruck shawl. And that there was a gorilla modeling it at the end.
- Fondant Fibre – everything on this blog looks like I would want to cuddle it (especially the rabbit).
- Friday Studios – awesome yarn colorways and cool yarn clubs.
- Seeing.Reading.Thinking.Writing – great book reviews and shares my opinion on the over abundance of YA trilogies.
- Jenny’s Books – a great site on books. I liked the review of Daughter of Smoke and Bone where she called George R.R. Martin’s world “super rapey”. Which is totally true.
Next, 7 facts about me:
- People who first meet me think I’ve very quiet and withdrawn (I’ve been called standoffish or snobby), but people who know me think I never shut up (which is true).
- I really don’t enjoy cooking at all. I tend to survive on take out and microwaveables. I only really cook when we’re going to have a potluck for something.
- My typical style is wearing a black shirt with colorful jewelry. Or really any solid color top and interesting jewelry. You’ll rarely catch me wearing prints.
- I’ve never lived in a household that didn’t have a cat or dog (or really, both). Growing up we normally had 3-4 cats, 3-4 dogs, and at various times we also had rabbits, chickens, ducks, guinea pigs, mice, and horses. On my own, I’ve also had gerbils, a hamster, and a cockatiel.
- I’ve only recently started reading Young Adult books after avoiding throughout my own young adult years.
- I love fairy tale retellings and adaptations.
- I’m addicted to Netflix and I will watch the same shows over and over. I have probably seen The Office, Parks and Recreation, and The IT Crowd 5 times over or more.