I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. I would like to thank Jenna Makes Things for nominating me. Personally, I’m still shocked that anyone at all has taken the time from their to read this blog and leave comments. It’s been really fantastic to find this hidden community of knitters and fiber enthusiasts on the web.
I was not familiar with the Liebster Award before my nomination, so I would like to share the description that I snatched from my nominator.
“The Liebster Award is an award given to rising bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
The rules are:
- You thank the person who nominated you! (Check)
- You answer the 11 questions posted by your nominator
- You pass on the award to 11 new recipients
- You post 11 new questions to your recipient bloggers
- Describe your blog in three words.
Knitting, books, and venting
- Why did you start blogging?
I noticed that I was constantly wanting to share my knitting woes and accomplishments via Facebook and Twitter but most of my friends don’t knit and (I assume) had zero interest in my updates. So, I thought that I could start a blog to get those thoughts out of my had, and people could choose to read them or not. I also wanted documentation of my growth as a knitter, since I am still fairly new and have a lot to learn.
- What is your favorite blog post?
I’m still building my blog, really, so it is hard to select a favorite so far. Possibly my post about local knitting groups because of the feedback I got on it. I learned that a lot of people were in the same boat as I was.
- What is one thing you would change about your blog?
I really need to improve my photography. I snap my pictures haphazardly on my phone, mostly at night, so they’re dark and nothing to write home about. I’d like to start devoting more time to getting quality images for the blog. I was a photographer in my past life (or so it feels now) so I’m pretty ashamed of what I’ve produced so far.
- What is the best crafty present you ever received or gifted?
My mom is a quilter and after I read Water for Elephants, I was really into vintage circus or carnival stuff. (Reading The Night Circus only furthered that) My mom made me a vintage circus themed quilt that I love. I have also gotten a number of Halloween decorations that were handmade by the ladies at her quilt shop that I loved. One of them, a embroidered wall hanging, is permanently on display in my home, even if it is Halloween themed.
- What is your favorite color?
Purple Purple Purple.
- What book are you reading at the moment?
I got an advanced copy of True by Erin McCarthy.
- If you could pick one superpower for a single day, what would it be and why?
Hmmm…. mind reading might be fun – or horrible. Maybe the power to transform into any animal instead.
- What is your favorite food to eat or to cook?
I hate to cook pretty much everything but I love to eat. I love anything potato based – particularly mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Do you have any pets and if so what are their names?
I have two cats, O’Malley and Cullen, and a dog named Nola. I also have two gerbils, although they’re more like scenery that I have to feed and clean up after.
- What is your favorite cocktail?
If I’m out at a bar I normally order a Vodka Redbull (because its hard to screw up), but when I can I enjoy ordering sweet, fancy drinks. There’s a local bar called The Usual that serves a cocktail called Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Which is Vodka, Akavit, Lime, Lavendar, Ginger Beer and is absolutely delicious.
My Liebster Awards go to…
- Suzy Sells Sea Shells
- Fi’s Daily Ponderings
- Merci Granny
- Knit and Purl Garden
- Knitting Before Knitting Was Cool
- Handmade Mess
- Hamilton Chicklets
- My Head is Full of Yarn
- Wool and Chocolate
My questions are…
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What drew you to knitting/fiber arts?
- What is your all time favorite book?
- Where would you go on a trip if time and money were no object?
- What do you do to relax?
- What is your day job?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- White, milk, or dark chocolate?
- Who or what inspires you?
- What is the best thing you’ve ever made?
- If you could be any animal, which would you choose?